Friday, January 23, 2015

It Happens...

I hope everyone's first week back at school was amazing. I have to say this week went by pretty quickly. I was sooooo excited to start this new semester mostly because I felt the winter break was going by too slowly. But I promise I greatly appreciated the break! During break I didn't have to worry about being stuck in traffic after school and not getting enough sun time to surf. I had a full day to surf if I wanted to!


So was it just me or did anyone else get thrown off with starting the semester on Tuesday. I mixed up my schedule thinking it was Monday and went to the wrong campus. But this kind of stuff happens all the time right?! I was at the Downtown campus but realized I was on the wrong campus headed to the wrong class after passing the huge 'Welcome Back' sign for the HPU students. By then I was already 30 minutes late to my Writing class at the Hawai'i Loa campus. I power walked to the shuttle stop in high hopes I could get on the next shuttle to make the last few minutes of class. I just missed it and knew for sure I wouldn't make it to my first class at all. After making it to Hawai'i Loa campus I emailed my professor to let him know why I was not at class. I recommend if this ever happens to any of you, you email your professor. Why? Because communication between a student and professor is really important and trust me professors appreciate when their students let them know this kind of things.


Other then mixing up my days, my week went great! I was so happy I got to reconnect with my friends and make new friends in my new classes. And I actually like the classes I have.


Just remember if anything bad happens to you don't be so negative about it. Be positive and find ways that could make your day better. I hope this never happens to any of you! I wish everyone the best luck for this new semester!

No comments:

Post a Comment